And boy is it a full one!
FenCon X - October 4-6
- Friday 9:00-10:00 PM Under Pressure: Conquering the Oceans of Earth and Beyond
- Friday 10:00 -11:00 PM The Geek Nation Goes Mainstream
- Saturday 10:00 -11:00 AM Antagonists: More Than Just Villains
- Saturday 2:00-3:00 PM Tao and Again
- Saturday 6:00-7:00 PM The Moon be Domed!
- Sunday 10:00 -11:00 AM Ask A Scientist
- Sunday 11:00 -12:00 PM Women in Science
- Sunday 2:00-3:00 PM How To Capture and Tame a Wild Asteroid
- Sunday 3:00-4:00 PM Cynicism vs Idealism in SF&F
That’s nine panels! Whew! No reading, which makes me a bit sad, but it looks like I’ll be plenty busy. And five of the panels are science track. Guess it’s time for me to show I earned my degree–and to work for any food I weasel out of the con suite (because I really don’t like eating out often any more). Thankfully I’ve got a week and a half until the con, so I can try to do a little research to brush up on the more space-oriented panels. (Oh my fellow science people, if you have any recommended reading for any of these, please let me know!)
This will be my first FenCon, so I’m even more excited because it’s a new con, and a whole new region of the country. Everyone I’ve interacted with on staff has been incredibly friendly and responsive, so I can’t wait to meet them in person!
And if you’ll be at FenCon, I hope to see you there. Drop me a line if you want to try to meet up. There are always the evenings.